Sunday 1 December 2013

Beauty: 4U2 Shade And Highlight Duo Review



I bought this particular duo at Bangkok's Watsons a while back on a travel trip. Honestly, the only reason I got it was because of the packaging - the box was cute, vintage, and looked like something that came out from a 60s magazine. I also wanted to try some of BKK's home brands, and thought that it seemed like a good one to try.



The price point was decent at about $10 converted. Sans the pretty pop-up exterior, the actual case of the product looked quite shoddy. Cheap white plastic with some rose prints that easily rubbed off. But it still felt quite substantial, so I'll give it that.



The product itself looked pretty decent on pan. The matte brown shade seems to be a good colour on my fair skin, and the white highlighter looked a little too white and shimmery but seems workable.



Above is the swatches of the product and with them blended out. The shader is a pretty decent matte brown, but the highlighting shade... It's just a glitter mess. When blended out, the white essentially disappears into the skin, leaving behind chunks of glitter that no one appreciates on their skin. I could probably throw in an Edward joke in, but the glitter also fell out of the skin in just a few minutes.

I do find myself quite liking the shader to contour the bridges of my nose and to even fill in my brows, so it is not a completely useless product.

No comments:

Post a Comment