Saturday 8 February 2014

Beauty: Battle Of Liners - Clio & Canmake

When it comes to eye makeup, I am especially strict and hard to please. Mainly due to the fact that my eyes are exceptionally and very unfortunately oily, such that most primers and eye products (no matter how critically acclaimed) often end up failing on me by the end of the day. In this post I'm going to pit and review two good Asian brand liners together: Korean's Clio Kill Black Waterproof Pen Liner vs Japan's Canmake Perfect Black Eyeliner.



Physical: Clio wins by a margin. The cap appears to better clasp together, hence I believe that it will not dry out as quickly as the Canmake will (though I don't see either happening too quickly; I've had my Canmake for quite awhile and it still serves me well). Also, the felt tip of Clio is significantly thinner and softer and hence will be able to produce much thinner lines, whereas Canmake's stiffer and produces harsher edges.

Longevity
: Clio did not last as long as Canmake on my lids before smudging (after interacting with my damned oils), with Clio hitting the 4-hour mark and Canmake just a bit more. Both eyeliners are equally waterproof and hold up to rubs well.

Price
: Depending on where you get it as both's availability varies. Personally, Clio was cheaper but just by a few bucks.



Overall verdict
: I alternate between both liners quite a bit, and don't see either significantly outperforming the other. Both are good liners, as with most Asian ones (I find) and I don't see myself replacing either. Though I have to say that both liners have the tendency to run to my lower lids, though I don't see other products not doing so as well. If I were to repurchase just one I would go for the Clio one just because it applies better and is easier to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment