Thursday 10 April 2014

Recommendation/Music: Yoo Seungwoo - Hesitant Lips



Yoo Seungwoo is a Superstar K4 finalist, coming in 5th overall with decent critique from the judges. I'm not one to cult follow audition programmes (there are just sooo many of them) but from the few bits and various clips I've been watching he seems to have that acoustic rock thing going on and I quite like that.

This song however is a little different from what I expected from him - a ballad that is supposed to signify something about growth and maturity as he treads into the age 18 (16 everywhere else). It appears that he made his voice to be distinctly smoother than his K4 era. I really enjoyed the track, much more than I thought I would. I can't quite put my finger on why, but it's probably the straightforwardness of the youthful love ballad, the catchiness of the chorus which got me at first listen, his soothing voice or perhaps it's just the "ballad mood" working its charm. His other tracks in the album (Early 19) are pretty fun and easy to listen to as well.

I might add he's also pretty damn adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment