Saturday 26 December 2015

Beauty/Review: Best Cushion Foundation For Oily Skin? - Lalavesi Akma Cushion SS





There are three different finishes available for the Lalavesi Akma Cushion, demarcated by seasons; FW for a more hydrating finish for dry skin, SF for combination/normal skin, and SS for a more long-lasting and matte finish for oily skin. Lalavesi describes the SS version to be able to keep tone and coverage for up to 24 hours, and contains France volcanic rock extract for sebum control. The product contains 20g with a refillable pact and an air puff, and retails for ₩26,500 (~$26.50).

The packaging is simple and sturdy. I chose to purchase the original case, but Lalavesi also rolled out a couple of additional packagings that are more youthful as well.

I got it because most beauty sites were largely recommending it as a good long-lasting cushion foundation for oily skin and I had to try it for myself! The product was also often sold out online, attesting its popularity.



First of all: I have incredibly oily skin and I've given up any thoughts of any base products not breaking up on me at the end of a long day. While I have a few, I've never excessively loved cushion foundations as well.

But.. I really like this!! It holds up well on my skin when I prep my skin well (oil-cut base+primer+powder) and I absolutely love the finish it gives on my skin. Applied lightly, it gives a natural finish that mimics skin while giving one of the better coverages I've seen from cushion foundations. I find myself having to blot about 6-7 hours later (which is quite a good number for me), and I can imagine it lasting even longer and better on anyone who's skin is not as ridiculously oily as mine.



The shade I chose was Y2; it's a little fairer on my skin so I tend to focus it on the triangle zone of my skin. But overall I give two thumbs up to this cushion base! One of the best I've found recently that combines longevity, coverage and oil control all to a good extent.

4 comments:

  1. Omg youre as desperate as me :( So did it break you out? Any recommendation for 'oil cut products' mentioned? I'm looking for a primer because my face natural oils always cut my beautifully applied makeup! :(( but always afraid because primer that holds the makeup tend to break the face out with the silicone in it.

    I appreciate if you'd like to give a reply! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am definitely desperate haha!

    I've stopped using this cushion foundation because I'm just not a cushion convert unlike most, but no it did not break my skin out!

    I'd recommend the Murad Oil Control Mattifier as a base because that really works for me. The Too Cool For School Oil Control Primer is pretty great as well, and it's not silicone based! Foundation wise, the L'oreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation has been a great drugstore foundation for everyday.

    Hope that helps <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. too bad you stopped using it. it sounds like a good cushion tho. based on your review, it meets all the criteria for my go-to cushion, except for that white cast or ashy color for the darker shadE!

    woah... murad hm.. I have a pretty bad experience with them. yeah I was going to buy the Loreal one but I heard Loreal is tricky for some people :( it's products are acne triggers for some. I was using revlon 24hrs instead but it didn't provide the best color (it's pinky D:) so after ages of research (lol) I rest my heart on Estee Lauder (finally!) it was too expensive tho :(

    thanks so much for replying!!

    ReplyDelete