Saturday 1 February 2014

Beauty: Sleek Eyeshadow Palette - Oh So Special Review



One of my first few eyeshadow palettes that remained one of my favourites. I used to not wear eyeshadows too much, so I used to only get a couple of single shadows that I would leave in my collection and not really touch. When I finally made the decision to put away some of my lower quality singles, I decided to get something that is of quality yet befitting of my student pocket size. In comes Sleek.

Sleek has some of the nicest bargain products, and alongside their eyeshadow palettes I also love their blushers and lip pouts. This particular palette I reach for so much, even more than my Naked 2 (unorthodox, I know), and I can't rave enough about it. I think the reason might just be because the shades in the palette are so "me". They are the colours I will reach for, while giving me enough variety to play with.



Top row: Bow (useless white shade that's rather chalky), Organza (a beautiful pink with silver shimmers), Ribbon (matte peachy pink), Gift Basket (highly wearable bronze shade), Glitz (dark blue-green with silver shimmers), Celebrate (dark maroon that doesn't comes off half as exciting and ends up looking rather black on skin)

Bottom row: Pamper (very sheer light pink), Gateau (one of my favourite shades; a beautiful purple-pink with golden sheen), The Mail (matte light brown), Boxed (matte dark brown), Wrapped Up (matte taupish plum), Noir (matte black)



The shadows are pigmented with the exception of Bow (pictured above is Glitz, Gift Basket and Organza), and a dream to apply and blend. I can imagine using this palette when travelling due to the versatility of the shades: the matte browns can mixed to be a perfect brow shadow, the black as a liner colour, and even doubling Ribbon as a beautiful blush shade. All that in a single, very sleek and thin black plastic case.

A definite winner in my book!

No comments:

Post a Comment