Thursday 20 February 2014

Korean: Of Beauty And Hanboks



Lee Youngae (from hallyu wonder Dae Jang Geum) just has a really natural sophistication and flair to her.

The way she carried off the relatively simple hanboks is just mesmerizing. I particularly am obsessed with the photo on the left; the pastel hanbok on her fair skin and the way the fabric moves looks so light and effortless. I love how the entire shoot exuded an overall sense of airiness rarely seen in hanbok shoots (which is often portrayed in more regal and stiff silhouettes) while still retaining the beauty of tradition in its modern execution. I also want to say that I haaate modern day interpretations of hanboks, they typically don't turn out half as good as its predecessor. (see some of the fusion hanboks, especially the shortened capsleeved ones.....)

F.Y.I This is from Marie Claire's February edition, and also happens to be one of the nicest shoots I've seen recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment