Thursday 13 March 2014

Music/Recommendation: Crucial Star - Three Things I Wish To Give You



At first listen, I knew I loved it.

I love the mellow sound. I love how Sojin, from Girls Day, made her voice much lighter and sweeter (I hear it as emulating the original; Park Hyekyung's version). I love Crucial Star's chill rapping and singing. I love the entire tone of the MV.

Completely right up my alley.

I've always loved Crucial Star's works particularly FALL which was chockfull of beautiful music, as well as his many featurings with other the other hip hop artistes. This song was sweet, mild and easy to digest, and the MV was simple yet exceptionally well executed and suited the sound really well. I also enjoyed the entire cliche (but beautifully done) love-at-first-sight scene of two strangers at an art gallery, and the fact that the artworks actually are reflected throughout the entire MV with the 2D silhouettes, shapes and pastel colour schemes. The combination of the yellow overlay, simple movements and the pastel colours made for a rather nostalgic and heartwarming video - great song once again.

I'm actually quite easy to please when it comes to hiphop. Heh.

P.S. This is the 2nd Girls Day member to make their featuring in a hip hop artist's song. The first was Minah, with Dindin, in another sweet love rap song which I also really liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment