Thursday 6 March 2014

Trend/Hair: See-Through Bangs



See through bangs (씨스루 뱅) or wispy bangs is a hair trend that has been around since about last winter in Korea after many actresses, like Lee Yeonhee and Yoon Eunhye, sporting them. It gradually gained popularity over the previously popular center part and side swept long bangs. It is softer and more feminine than blunt bangs, and exudes more youth than long side bangs. I like that it's a hair trend that can be replicated really easy at home with a pair of sharp scissors!

You may be interested to check out this Get It Beauty clip on how to easily attain them from a longer bang.



While I am interested, I personally don't see myself getting them. They do take a bit of effort to maintain, and it does appear to be the kind of hairstyle than can't withstand too much ruffling outdoors. I also have rather oily hair, so bangs are typically not my thing as they do get really oily at the end of the day.

But it's still a really feminine and pretty look, so if I ever find myself mustering enough courage to cut away my long hair for a fringe I'll definitely do it.

Photos cr: 낭만소녀

No comments:

Post a Comment