Tuesday 21 April 2015

Beauty/Review: The Face Shop Ink Lipquid




The newly released The Face Shop Ink Lipquids for Spring 2015 boasts a whooping 70% moisture serum and a 12 hour lasting power. Very bold claims indeed. There's 12 colours in the line itself, each containing 4g and retailing for a very reasonable 12,900 won (~$12.90). It's also endorsed by Suzy as you might have seen from this CF and her many posters plastered outside stores.


The colours I got were RD02 Red Sing, a bold warm-toned red that leans towards orange, PK04 Pink Hommage, a cool toned pink with hints of purple, and OR02 Orange Some, a true neon orange. The packaging itself is a simple sleek matte black tube; lightweight, slim and very easy to carry in even small purses. The tip of the liquid lipstick is a standard doefoot applicator -- not amazing for incredibly precise application but definitely good enough.



As you might see, Red Sling wasn't as bold a red I expected; it turned out a little more orangey on the lips. Orange Some was quite an out-there purchase for me as neons tend to make my skin look more sallow, but I rather liked the look when matched with brighter foundations and blush colours. Pink Hommage was my favourite of the lot; a basic bright pink in a good formulation.

I really enjoy the formulation of the lipsticks themselves. They're indeed very moisturising and easy to apply, and I could achieve gradient lips without too much effort. I like that they're pigmented enough but not so much that it takes too much effort to apply, and that it is not sticky at all! I haven't given it a full day test so I can't attest to it lasting 12-hours; I find the colour does fades throughout the day as with the glossiness.

In all, thumbs up for the really good price and quality!

No comments:

Post a Comment