Sunday 19 April 2015

Beauty/Review: Rose Espoir Lipstick Nowear G



There are three lines under the Espoir Lipstick Nowear; M (for matte finishes), S (for a satin finish) and G (jelly/gel finish). Espoir describes the texture as "chewy jelly", and the lipstick contains 3.3g and retails for 19,000 won (~$19).

The packaging is really pretty! Matte black lipstick cases with glossy text running down the tube.

The ones that I got was in the gel finish in colours #CR503 Desert Peace, pictured on the right, and #BE301 Merry Day, on the left. They're both sheer finishes as typical of gel lipsticks, and act more as tinted lip balms than actual lipsticks. They're also incredibly lightweight and natural on the lips, and lasts around 2 hours but disappears on any food and drink consumptions. Perfect MLBBs for everyday use; a plus point was that I found that I didn't have to use mirrors when applying.


Merry Day is more of a milky white-pink, and translates rather palely on my skin. I didn't find it necessarily flattering for my skin tone because of the whiteness, but it works rather well layered over thicker lipsticks. I also found it settling on my lip lines despite the gel texture. It also reminds me of a clear lip balm. Desert Peace, on the other hand, worked really nicely. It's more red toned (which I always tended towards) and looked orangey-coral on my lips!

Usually these collections sell out really quickly, but the Rose Espoir collection didn't necessarily sell well this time. In all, I don't find it groundbreaking. There are many similar finishes for better prices on the market if you're looking for gel lipsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment