Tuesday 18 February 2014

Music/Recommendation: Zizo - Winter of Haeundae



MY JAMMMMM!!!

First of all, let's take a moment to talk about how beautiful the MV is. I love the usage of split screens, a couple of stop motion scenes, filters that added a homemade quality, and the depiction of winter through the higher contrast and tungsten lighting. It's simply yet beautifully shot, and I get to see Shin Soyul in all her big-eyed aegyo cuteness. It was exactly what I thought the visuals of the song to be like, except in my head it's an abstract mess that will never see daylight.

The song, performed by underground rapper Zizo and half of K3's duo Lim Kim, is nothing short of great. From the moment Lim Kim's distinctive honey voice (with just enough hint of rasp) hit, I knew I was in love. Not to mention Zizo's clean and relaxed rapping that really suited the melodic and upbeat winter song. Nothing pressuring or overbearing, just a sweet winter song.

Also currently loving: Togeworl's Talk To Me, B.A.P's 1004, and Soyu/Junggigo's Some

No comments:

Post a Comment